Lambeth and Southwark Mind is a charity dedicated to ensuring anyone experiencing difficulties with mental health gets the support and respect they deserve.
We develop, manage and sustain services that can be easily accessed by anyone experiencing mental distress in our community and support them in their journey to recovery.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable social media management and blogger experience in a dynamic charity, supporting the day to day work of the Events and Digital Manager.
The role offers the opportunity to gain experience of maintaining and updating our accounts across all major social media platforms, as well as managing our blog and news areas on the website.
The organisation is very small with only 5 members of staff. You will be assisting the Events and Digital manager, who will be available to ensure your volunteering opportunity is a mutually valued and pleasant one.
The Volunteer will:
• Maintain a proactive approach to blog and news post, keeping constant and up-to-date.
• Work with your manager to develop a bloggers schedule and manage bloggers.
• Maintain and update our accounts across all major social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
• Deliver growth and improve engagement of social media networks and audiences.
• Work with your manager to implement the social media strategy and ensure a consistent message is shared with supporters.
• Maintain a proactive approach to communications on our social media channels.
• Monitor and analyse performance of social media strategy.
• Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments within the field of social media.
We welcome interest from those individuals who have direct or indirect experience of a mental health problem, who will gain support and understanding, with the opportunity to build confidence, skills and experience from L&S Mind. However, we also welcome applications from those who have not experienced a mental health problem.
The role is flexible and we are ideally looking for someone who can work from our London office for up to 2-3 days per week. Although the post is unpaid, we can offer reimbursement of reasonable travel up to £15.00 per day.
L&S Mind aims to ensure that the needs and interest of mental health services users, men, women, Black and Minority Ethnic communities, disabled people, lesbians, gay men and bisexuals and people of all ages are reflected in all its activities. The Volunteer is expected to contribute to this aim.
Please send a CV and cover letter as soon as possible together with details on your availability to email@example.com.