Volunteering for Lambeth & Southwark Mind
We really value our volunteers, whose dedication and hard work makes it possible for Lambeth and Southwark Mind to achieve our mission.
Why volunteer with Lambeth and Southwark Mind?
There are a huge number of benefits to be gained from volunteering for our organisation, including:
- Helping members of our community experiencing mental health difficulties to get the help and support they deserve.
- Gaining useful work experience for your CV
- Developing new or existing skills
- Meeting and socialising with new like-minded people
- Making a difference can be rewarding!
What do our volunteers say?
I have worked at Lambeth and Southwark Mind for over five years. My role is in admin support for the whole office team in the Lambeth office. I’m always on hand to assist with office tasks even if it’s just to prepare a cup of tea or coffee for clients!
When I came to volunteer at Lambeth & Southwark Mind I was very lucky as I allowed to take baby steps, in the beginning, by doing data entry and then later I was encouraged to do e-mails and now I do phone calls as well. Once a month we sit down and go through things. I love those meetings as it’s so important to know I am doing things right and how I can improve.