< Back to directory
Download Entry Print Entry

Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman


The PHSO makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England, UK government departments and some other UK public organisations. It does this fairly.

You can complain to the Ombudsman if you believe there has been injustice or hardship because an organisation has not acted properly or fairly or has given you a poor service and not put things right.  Their service is free.

You should complain to the organisation you had a problem with and give them a chance to put things right. If you want help with complaining to:

Visit the PHSO’s Complain for Change website for useful tips on putting a complaint together.

If you complained to the organisation more than six months ago and have not received a decision, please contact the Ombudsman on 0345 015 4033.

If you are not happy with the organisation’s final decision, you can ask the PHSO to look into it.  They can look into complaints about NHS organisations, for example: GPs, dentists, NHS hospitals or care in a private hospital if it was paid for by the NHS.  They can also look into complaints about services from government departments such as Jobcentre Plus, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or the UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI).

Contact Details

0345 015 4033 Customer Helpline. Text "call back" to 07624 813 005 if you need them to phone you..




Other Info

Opening times:
Enquiries: Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm

Free service

Disabled Access:


Other information:

Last updated:
10th July 2018