Metropolitan is one of the UK’s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. Metropolitan supports customers with mental health issues, including people with complex needs, dual diagnoses and with forensic histories. They also run a small number of services for teenage parents and people who are homeless.
In all of their mental health services, they adopt a person-centred approach and encourage people to get involved in producing their own support plan. Customers are encouraged to focus on their personal strengths and consider the steps they can take to achieve their goals. They support their customers to engage with a variety of health and social care professionals, community organisations, voluntary groups and service providers to promote recovery and independence.
The support they offer includes:
- shared accommodation or self-contained flats
- on-site support tailored to individual needs
- support to access social and leisure activities
- access to education, training, volunteering and employment opportunities
- building relationships with local recovery colleges
- floating and community support to ease the transition to full independence.