Are you looking for your next opportunity to make a difference? Are you a creative team player and natural people-person, with a passion for bringing people together to raise awareness of mental health issues? You could be our next Events Manager!
We are seeking a new Events Manager who will manage Lambeth and Southwark Mind’s events calendar for 2020. The post-holder will play a key role in our small team, using the role to raise awareness of mental health issues in our area and the work we do to support people in need.
The post-holder will lead on the development, planning and execution of our regular calendar of events, including annual lectures, community and sponsored challenge events and work closely with our corporate partners to develop fundraising events and challenges with them.
With offices in the heart of Brixton, just minutes away from the Market and tube station, this is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a local charity, develop your event fundraising skills and play a direct role in ensuring that sure no-one in our area has to go through a mental health problem alone.
You will have excellent relationship management skills, be a confident communicator with people at all levels and be an organised and strong project manager with previous experience of running events.
If you’re looking to kick-start your career in the third sector, in a dynamic role offering bags of responsibility and opportunities for growth and development, then look no further.
- Managing the organisation’s portfolio of events, including The Vitality 10k, The Prudential RideLondon cycling event and The Royal Parks Half Marathon, in line with our fundraising and business strategies, with the direction of the Deputy Director.
- Devising and managing communications strategies for each event with the aim of recruiting and supporting as many participants as possible, incorporating use of our social media channels (Twitter and Facebook), website (WordPress) and Mailchimp.
- Working alongside our Digital Officer to create fantastic participant support, stewardship and social media content
- Maintaining relationships with our corporate partners and supporting them to develop fundraising events and challenges for their staff to participate in
- Processing all individual giving and small donations
- Representing the organisation at external meetings and events, occasionally conducting presentations
- Maintaining an accurate database of information for registered members and supporters
- General events administration, budgeting and reporting
- Continuously exploring new opportunities to develop our organisational profile- locally, regionally and within the wider mental health sector
Essential Skills and Experience
– Experience of planning and managing events
– Experience of using digital platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Mailchimp.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting
– Strong organisational skills with a proactive, can-do attitude
– Strong Networker
– Fantastic People Skills
– Experience in Project Management
– Ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
– Sound judgement and problem-solving skills with capacity to work autonomously
– Adaptable and resilient
Desired Skills and Experience
– Experience of working in a fundraising events team
– Experience managing budgets and hitting targets
– Experience of supporter care
– Ability to build strategic relationships with key funding partners
– Strong teamworking skills – ability to work creatively and adaptively as part of a small and dynamic team
– Direct or indirect experience with mental health illnesses
– Capacity to take on the ability to lead others e.g. providing guidance to one of our volunteers
We serve one of the most diverse boroughs in London and as such we particularly welcome BME applicants, as we want our team to be representative of the population we serve. Lambeth and Southwark Mind is an equal opportunities employer.
The application form is available here: app_form_events_d1_2019_12_18_12_21_16_pm.